Posted by admin
on Jul 5, 2012 in News and Updates
| 0 comments
APALA needs you! As you know, we are a small (but growing!) organization, and we need your help to keep things running. We have a number of long-standing committees, as well as newer committees and task forces. All of these contribute to strengthening APALA and its services and projects, and many will have new or additional charges in the coming year(s). I am in the process of making appointments, so don’t hesitate — step up and fill out the volunteer form now!
While you’re filling out that form, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- For more information about the standing committees, go here. However, this information may be updated in the next few weeks. Information about the charges of the ad hoc committees and task forces will also be added later.
- Feel free to volunteer for more than one committee or task force, but please do rank your choices in the space provided. And be sure to let me know why you’re interested in and/or qualified for these committees.
- If you’re volunteering for the Literature Awards Committee, please note that we have several categories: adult fiction, adult non-fiction, young adult literature, picture books, and poetry. Please specify in which one(s) you’re interested.
- If you feel that none of the existing committees and task forces is right for you, please let me know what you may be interested in (put in the Other box). Projects do come up during the year.
- Even if you’ve filled out this form before or have talked to committee chairs or Executive Board members, fill out this form anyway. I need the most up-to-date information on hand to make my appointments.
I will be making my appointments in the next couple of weeks, so don’t wait! Together, we can make this year an outstanding one for APALA. I am looking forward to hearing from and working with you.