We would like to congratulate APALA member Yumi Ohira for this great honor!
The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) Committee on Diversity and Leadership has selected 13 masters of library and information science (MLIS) students to participate in the 2011-2013 Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce (IRDW) as ARL Diversity Scholars.
The 2011-2013 ARL Diversity Scholars are:
- Regina Carter, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Amber D’Ambrosio, University at Albany, SUNY
- Carlos Duarte, University of Texas at Austin
- Jennifer Garrett, University of British Columbia
- Jennifer Gibson, San Jose State University
- Don Jason, Kent State University
- Nabil Kashyap, University of Michigan
- Arthur Liu, Simmons College
- Yumi Ohira, Emporia State University
- Brandon Taylor, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Megan Threats, Syracuse University
- Sarah Velasquez, Emporia State University
- Kimberly Yang, University of Maryland, College Park
Congratulations to all!!!